Tuesday, August 08, 2006

More pretentious movie reviews

Talladaga Nights:
I'm not going to even give this one a grade. It wouldn't be fair. Movies can only be disappointing if you have your hopes up for them. I guess I didn't think it was going to be the best movie ever... but it wasn't even good. Maybe a few funny parts but that's all I'll say

The Descent: B+
I guess this is probably one of the better horror movies I've seen. I don't really want to say much about it cuz I might ruin it if you decide to go see it. I think the problem with a lot of recent horror/thriller movies is they are just trying to show off their capabilities in special effects. There's not a lot in the way of special effects here.

I guess I can't think of much else to say. That's pretty sad. I work too much and I never know how much I should say about that. I should be working on my own graphic design stuff, but 40 hours of computer work seems to be enough for me these days. In the evening I'm perfectly content to watch Jeopardy, Law and Order SVU, and go for a little jog. If anyone out there jogs and uses an iPod & iTunes, check out the podcast called podrunner. Just good dj-mixed beats to keep you moving. Very tasty. And if you're looking for a good album to download check out Imogen Heap's "Speak for Yourself". I'd heard a couple tunes on Radioparadise and ended up downloading the whole album with some itunes credit I got for my birthday.

3 comments:

Steve & Becky said...

Would it have made a difference if you were a NASCAR fan? Or would it still be a horrible movie? (Talladega Nights)
Would that podcast be good for walking? We don't run.

Reuben Sinnema said...

Raab, I haven't seen the movie yet but you are a bunghole. First you bash Will Ferrell; they you talk about your wonderful experiences with itunes and premixed DJ crap beats. Ughhh...If I was there I'd beat you with a rubber hose. But I'm not so consider yourself lucky...for now.

Rob Haan said...

have you seen the movie?