Monday, September 27, 2010

The Homestead




Well, I think we have waited long enough. Rob and I are "unoffical" homeowners. We started looking this summer for a house, just in case we would find the "house of our dreams." Right now, I don't think it quite fits that description, but eventually it might. It is a small farm house in Doon, Iowa with a good sized pasture in the back. We hope to raise chickens and goats and have a garden. There are few more things brewing in the back of our heads, but not everything can happen at once. We are super excited and really can't wait to put our feet down in a place that we own. We are planning to move in October 1.

2 comments:

sarah said...

um... this. is. so. awesome! Wow! What a change from 6 months ago living in Chicago! I'm so happy for you guys but I have to admit... I'm feeling a small tinge of space-jealousy. Miss you guys! Good luck with the exciting change!!!!

mic said...

hokey smokes! this is so exciting! i can't wait to see it!! i could totally go for a home like this out on the prairie... working the land... tilling the crops... walking the dog along the gravel road... sounds great!