Saturday, September 11, 2010

Garage Sales

My family had a garage sale at the Sioux Center city-wides this weekend. We set up shop in my grandma's garage, and actually had a really good turnout. My grandma sold the most stuff (she had a ton of kitchen supplies that she was selling out of her camper). We had a great time sitting around and chatting during the down times and trying to sell our stuff while people were there. Whatever stuff I had left, I donated to a local thrift store that sells for domestic abuse prevention.

I also had the chance to go to some sales around town. Walked away with a microwave and a riding lawn mower. We also found a globe, canisters, books, and random neat things.

Anyone else go to any sales? What could you not walk away from?

1 comment:

sarah said...

aww, i love the sc city-wides! sounds like you made some awesome scores! i didn't go to any garage sales, but I DID go to Renegade today which was an awesome time. Got a great pair of earrings, a print and a t-shirt that says "midwesterner" on it.

cheers!