Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Batters up!


My nephew turned 8 this year, and I was asked to make him some cookies! I love every chance I get to make these sugar cookies, so of course I said yes. My sister wanted a baseball theme, so I made baseballs and bats. The bats turned out to look more like chicken legs (and I was teased the whole night after the cookies came out) but that was ok because I didn't have a cookie cutter for that, I had to improvise. But I think the balls turned out great!

Also for the 4th, we had some family over for a picnic. I made some salads and we grilled burgers. For dessert I planned rootbeer floats. I also made some plain star sugar cookies to go with. When I was making the cookies, I tried to do something like this.... (again from bake@350)



but they wouldn't stay on the cups like I wanted. So, we just had plain star cookies, and I think everyone enjoyed them.

1 comment:

Manali said...

Your cookies look wonderful!