Saturday, June 18, 2011

Reuse

I am going to let you in on a little secret. For Christmas I received a book called The Complete Tightwad Gazette. No I was not gifted the book because I am cheap (even though I am), but because I asked for it. I like to be thrifty. Anyways, this 4in thick manual of thriftiness is FULL of great ideas on how to save money, reuse common objects for other purposes, and to enjoy the things you do have. I have to admit I wouldn't do everything in the book, but there are a lot of things I have changed since reading parts of the book.

Here is a great tip:

You know when you buy a bag of fruit from the grocery store, they come in those mesh bags. They look like this:

Well, what do you do with the mesh bag when the fruit is all gone? You can save it to put other things in it OR you can use it to do a little scrubbing. YES! I have been using one of the mesh bags we had for doing dishes. It is such a wonderful tool. Really! It scrubs so well and it is gentle. So, don't throw that bag away... clean something instead.

No comments: