Saturday, May 16, 2009

Settlers of Catan Tournament

Rob and I just got home from playing in a Settlers tournament at a game store called Cat & Mouse. There were 4 tables of 4 each. Everyone played 2 games and the 4 people with the most points went on to play in a final game for the prizes. I won my first two games (20 points) and Rob won 1 and got 8 the second (18 points). We were both in the final game with two others.

It was intense to say the least. Everyone had 9 points towards the end of the game, except for me because I got boxed in. Rob could have pulled through for a win, but did not have the right mix of cards. The other girl won the game taking the grand prize. Rob tied for second with another guy and I got third. We both walked away with a total of $17.50 in gift certificates for the store, and a river expansion piece for Settlers.

All in all, it was a great afternoon of playing with some cool people. The store was really cool too. They have game nights every Tuesday from 6:30-9:30 and then on Fridays starting after Memorial Day. I think we might head over there to play sometime.
( http://www.cat-n-mouse.com/ )

No comments: