Monday, February 26, 2007

www.robhaan.com

I've finally got somewhat of a portfolio up and running. I hope. I haven't tried to see if it works on any computers other than mine... the last one that I started to build looked great on my computer but apparently it was linked to images on my hard drive... I don't know how I did that... oh well. Eventually I will have a nice, hand-designed portfolio site, but for right now I'm just using a Flash template thing.

Anybody watch the Academy Awards tonight? I was watching out of the corner of my eye as I worked on my portfolio. I think the Departed took 4 awards. I still haven't seen that movie. I didn't go when it was in town because nobody that I talked to that watched it here liked it. We were going to rent it on Friday night, but the video store was pretty much cleaned out when we got there at 4:45. Everybody knew we were in for some lousy weather this weekend. Every copy of Babel was rented as well... that one was nominated for a handful of awards tonight too.

I was just excited to see Pan's Labyrinth do well. Although it didn't get best picture (I don't even think it was nominated). It got three awards: makeup, cinematography, and art direction. I thought it would take home the best score too, but Babel took that one.

I can't believe I'm even talking about this. I generally think it's pretty stupid that all these big industries think they need everyone to watch them award themselves, but before I end this post I just need to mention the best part of the show... Ennio Morricone got some sort of honorary Oscar. It was as if someone at the academy realized how ridiculous it was that he's never gotten one. Five nominations, but none of them for his best work, as far as I'm concerned. Congratulations Ennio! (oh wait... although he probably does read my blog on a regular basis, he does not speak English....oh well)

7 comments:

sarah said...

hey rob, i watched the awards last night too and i agree with the ridiculousness of it all. I think that's why the hosts (who are usually comedians) have such a complicated job, they have to be entertaining to both the celebrities and the viewers which usually means cracking jokes about the celebrities. Unfortunately the celebrities can't always laugh at themselves. Anyway, I think ellen did an ok job. I do feel a slight tinge of pride that The Departed won best picture...I was part of a test audience for the screening of it way back in september.

Sam and Darcie Gutierrez said...

looks sweet Rob! You're website I mean!

Kunnari said...

nice site... i hadn't seen the rooster litho before- nice.

Dane said...

Hey Rob, have you considered putting the Mrs Pac-Mom on a tshirt for threadless? I'd buy it (when I actually have money income again)! I like the website, good stuff on it too.

Rob Haan said...

I think that that's probably the "intellectual property" of my internship site now. The idea wasn't actually mine anyhow... I just did the illy.

Anonymous said...

What do you think is Ennio Morricone's best work?

Mark said...

dang rob, you made some nice stuff for SAC and other people! Holy crap are you good at GD! Can I hire you if I ever need more design done?